This installment is about a process for e-juice called “Steeping“, “Breathing”, and “Streathing”
After looking into e-juice, and seeing people with their own recipes and concoctions, numerous forums and companies appeared. Different opinions on nicotine amounts, gourmet e-juice, which is the best etc. I stumbled upon some interesting techniques in getting the most of that small, costly, e-juice bottle. (SHAMELESS PLUG) *I’ve heard good things about Cuttwood Unirorn Milk, and Space Jam, both rank highly in the e-juice community* **ALSO heard that the Space Jam flavor “Andromeda” is a bit perfumery **
Well, ladies and gentlemen, here is the breakdown of some interesting procedures to make it more flavorful, and the nicotine content more powerful. First up to bat is….
WHAT IS IT?
– The process known as “Steeping” involves letting your CLOSED e-juice bottle sit for a period of time away from the light.
– Get a cigar box (A real one, not a cartoon one)
– Place your e-juice bottle in the closed cigar box for 7 days
– This allows the flavor molecules to break down, and the nicotine oxidizes.
– It allows the higher level of nicotine, the bottle will get darker the more nicotine is in it
Taste will be richer and stronger.
WHAT IS IT?
– Letting your e-juice bottle stay open for a period of time
– Open the bottle
– Take off the nipple (Dirty mind)
– Place it away from the light
– ONLY supposed to leave it open for NO LONGER than 12 hours
– May lose nicotine strength and flavor if left for longer than expected
Similar to Steeping, but must be done is moderation. Cant allow it to go beyond it’s time duration or risk loosing both flavor and nicotine within the e-juice
WHAT IS IT?
– A combination of steeping and breathing
– Shake up the bottle good
– Place it under hot tap water for a little bit. (Can gauge the time amount of time on your own)
– Usually, Streathing works best with 100% VG e-juice.
– Take the cap off/nipple
– Put the open bottle in the cigar box to remove the light
– Let it sit for 2 hours
– Then put the nipple, and cap back on
– Take the cap off
– Squeeze the bottle to allow air inside of it. (10-15 times/ 2 reps). Make sure not to spill the e-juice, just squeeze enough for the air
– Shake once more
– Put the cap back on
– Let it sit for six hours
– Then repeat the squeezing process once more, let the oxygen in
– Let it sit for 48 hours
Best flavor and nicotine power. FYI, Custard e-juice takes the longest to steep